What price fame?

Photo competitions have been on my mind lately. Everything from the business side of competitions and juried exhibitions, to the psychology of fame and recognition. I've started a spreadsheet to track some basic data on as many calls for work as I can find. I'm watching for trends in entry fees, sales commissions, deadline extensions, and prize money. What am I looking for? I'm not really sure. But I have seen very little written about this topic, either from the money side or the psychological side. If I can develop enough tangible data I'll write something about it.

I made a quick and easy survey on the subject.  No science behind it at all. Five questions about photo competitions and juried exhibits. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to take the poll. No signing in required, and your answers are anonymous.

Photo Competition Survey