Selection Time



Returned from the wilderness and three thousand miles of solitary driving with my usual new perspective on life in general and the renewed energy and spirit I always feel at this time of year. I was thrilled to see many submissions were sent in after I left town last week. I stayed up way too late last night reviewing all of the new images and beginning the selection process.

A total of 146 photographers from about a dozen countries submitted over 700 images to this call for work. Beautiful images and thoughtful statements that are going to evolve into a very powerful exhibit and book. I'll be spending the next two weeks on the curating and selection process, and then producing a video slideshow of the exhibit which I will publish on Vimeo. The exhibit will be released on November 1st, as well as the announcement of the five winning photographers who will receive a free copy of the published book.

No comments: