Collected Horizons book...




This is a home made mock up of a book idea for my Collected Horizons series. I think the only way a book of this collection would work is in a fold out format. The Moleskine Classic Japanese folio was perfect for this. It is a tiny 3 1/2" by 5 1/2" book, but it opens up to almost eight feet in length when folded out.





The inspiration for this book format comes from Ed Ruscha's 1966 classic Every Building on Sunset Strip. I saw it a few years ago at The Museum of Modern Art in New York. It was in a glass case fully opened up and I was fascinated by it.


Ed Ruscha Every Building on Sunset Strip (1966)

So, I need some help... does anyone know of a self publishing service that can do a fold out format like this? I would greatly appreciate any information on sources.

No comments: