Salon du Festival
Thursday November 13th
Painted Bride Art Center
203 Vine Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19106

Part of the Thursday night First Person Arts Festival will feature a new documentary film by David Kessler, a short film about the finding of some "lost" photos of Diane Arbus and the man who made this discovery in a collection of circus sideshow memorabilia. The film is called the Hubert's Collector on the Diane Art-Bus.

Here is the full story about the lost Diane Arbus photos on Artblog


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CH-
Interesting story. Where can we see the lost photographs? Anywhere yet?
Lemme know...Thanks!

Timothy Archibald
tim@timothyarchibald.com

Christopher Paquette said...

Tim- They were on display at Phillips De Pury in April as part of the auction preview, and then due to the legal issues over ownership rights, the auction sale was canceled. So I don't know where they are at this moment or if they ever did get sold. I'll find out and update the post.

Anonymous said...

kewl. i really meant can we see them online somewhere? i'm guessing not, correct?

TA

Christopher Paquette said...

I don't think they are online anywhere... I have the Phillips de Pury Auction catalogue that contains all of the images. I'm always reluctant to scan and post images for fear of copyright issues. Stay tuned... I'm going to do a blog post about David Kessler's documentary movie after I see it tonight, and I'll include some of the lost Arbus photos...