New Photography 2008
Josephine Meckseper and Mikhael Subotzky
Museum of Modern Art
September 10, 2008–January 5, 2009
Exhibit Details


Two photographers to represent what is new for the year 2008? If that is the case, the choices should be the right ones...

Mikhael Subotsky
... yes, without question.

youngest photographer to be invited to join Magnum Group

Featured in Aperture Issue 188

This is new, interesting, and important documentary photography...




Josephine Meckseper... Huh?, someone needs to explain this choice to me. Meckseper's exploration of the "media's strategy of mixing political news and advertising content" just seems like an uninspired and odd choice to me in terms of it's representing new photography for 2008. Key word is seems...I haven't seen the actual installation at MOMA yet, and I will edit this post once I have seen it.





New York Times Review of this show

No comments: