Another recent Amazon purchase, an ex-library book for a couple dollars. It's a bit worn and dirty on the outside, but the interior is perfect and the print quality is incredible in this series from Aperture published in 1978. I own a few issues from the 1990's Aperture series Masters of Photography, but this Steichen book is from a 1970's series Aperture did called The History of Photography. There are 15 books in the series, and this is number 9.

I bought this as part of a personal exploration I am doing after seeing the Stieglitz Steichen Strand exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art a few weeks ago. I've never really paid close attention to Steichen's work, but it left the strongest impact on me after seeing the exhibit and I have started reading as much as I can about him and look very closely at his images.

No comments: