The media is all abuzz this week with stories about the final days of production of Polaroid film. While it is sad that the Polaroid Corporation is no longer going to produce a film that revolutionized photography, it doesn't mean that instant film will cease to exist. Based on the media hype throughout 2008, I have had several people ask me what I was going to do without Polaroid film? The answer is... I am not going to be without instant film. It is still quite easy to obtain and I am confident that it will be available for years to come. There is still a huge demand for instant film and suppliers will continue to fill the void created by the end of Polaroid's production run. I have been using hybrid film for several years now and they work quite well in my vintage Polaroid cameras.

So where do I buy my instant film?

POLAPREMIUM is a great source of hybrid instant films and 4 X 5 film.

Artistic Z is a manipulable film for SX-70 cameras...



Chocolate film is one of my favorite pack films. They also sell a pure Sepia film as well...



Viva is a fantastic vibrantly colored pack film that produces images with a groovy 1960's look...



Fuji Film also makes Color and Black & White pack film as well as 4 X 5 sheets...



So stop worrying people... don't believe the hype.

Polaroid: Imperfect, yet Magical

Polaroids to Fade Away

No comments: